Saturday, October 20, 2012

The Hinge


For years I've wanted to create a painting that reflects my Christian faith, but it has been difficult to come up with an idea that I haven't seen a million times in classic art (specific scenes fr
om the Bible) AND muster up enough confidence to produce something reverent and not trite (sorry, modern Christian art). I wanted to approach the canvas as a means of worship, like Makoto Fujimura...no 'Kinkade' to be found in his work.

Finally, inspiration happened when I was asked to show several pieces at Mississippi College this fall. The following piece ("THE HINGE") is my single visual interpretation of the Gospels. Look for symbolism related to: Parables, Miracles, Names of Christ, Life of Christ, and the Triune God. 

Over the next few days, I'll post images of the panels individually and discuss the verses and symbolism therein.


No comments: